As we near our big departure (exactly two weeks from today!), we’re reflecting quite a bit on some of our past adventures. We’ve come a long way (figuratively and literally), and we can’t wait to see where we end up at the end of all this (will there be an end?). We’re crazy busy tying up final loose ends, so this week’s post will be short, but we wanted to share with you some of our favorite adventures from around the world… and perhaps tempt you to travel as well!
You could say our wanderlust truly began in Japan. Sure, we’d taken many trips before then, like road trips to Oregon or San Francisco, but this one really pushed us over the top and made us thirst for more.
Want to travel safely again?
Who can argue with food? And we found some of the best in Japan!
- Check out our favorite Japanese meal
- Drool over some classic Japanese street food
- And have you ever been curious to learn how the Japanese celebrate Thanksgiving?
We love to find new ways to explore a city, and we found so much to do in Japan.
- Why not check out some shrines at night?
- Visit the Robot Restaurant (a bit more touristy, but still a unique experience!)
- Or read these off-the-beaten-path activities in Tokyo
There are so many things that are just quintessential Japanese.. and we loved discovering each one!
- Read the sad story behind Mizuko Kuyou statues found at Buddhist temples
- Smile at the various sounds of Japan
- Explore the tiny packed shops of Akihabara
- Relax at a traditional sentou or onsen hot springs
Costa Rica is (of course) vastly different from Japan, but it also offered many wonders for us to discover.
We didn’t just find good food in Japan; Costa Rica had lots to devour as well!
- Take a culinary tour of Costa Rica here!
- Read about the 6 drinks you should try when visiting Costa Rica
You can’t visit Costa Rica without falling in love with the incredible biodiversity!
Costa Rica has so many places to explore; adventure abounds!
From Central America to Scandinavia, every place has something amazing to offer. We went to Japan for the cities and culture; Costa Rica was the place for adventure; Norway was all about the beauty.
- Discover the fjords and glaciers
- Marvel at the many waterfalls
- See 18 photos that will make you want to visit Norway
Places and things to see
And learn how to see it all in this expensive country on a budget!
In two weeks, we set out for Africa. It is arguably the least visited continent (aside from Antarctica), and we fully expect to have some of our most unique experiences yet! We’ll be sharing our adventures right here (as long as wifi permits), so be sure to sign up for email alerts so you don’t miss any of our crazy lives that are just about to start!
Where have you visited that made you grow as a traveler?
If you like this post, please help us grow by liking it and sharing it on social media. We also welcome your comments below – we would love to hear from you!
Don’t miss out on new posts! Follow our blog for new posts every week.
My name is Brianna, and I have been in love with photography for as long as I can remember. I am almost never without a camera, eliciting some strange looks toward my shooting garbage (never question a photographer’s inspiration!), trepidation from my loving husband when I put myself in some precarious positions to get *just* the right shot, and annoyance from our two cats – frequent subjects of my artistic antics. I welcome you to enjoy my passion with me – all around the world!
See how we shave off an average of $1000 per week when we travel using just 5 tricks!